Originally built c.1900 by the Danish Government, this complex served St. Thomas as its first hospital.
The Bluestone, hipped-roofed, buildings located around a rectangular Mahogany tree covered courtyard, served St. Thomas until a more modern hospital was constructed in the late 1950’s on an adjacent parcel.
The rehabilitated complex will continue to serve community-wide public health needs.
It is a popular destination for tourists seeking examples of Colonial architecture on St. Thomas, during the period of the Danish West Indies.
- Complete Architectural services as well as complete Architectural and Rehabilitation design were provided by THE DEJONGH GROUP Architects and Planners.